Some highlights the museum offers:
- Sit in the cockpit of select aircraft!
- Climb a real air traffic control tower!
- Explore the Science of Flight with interactive displays!
- Try your hand at being a pilot with our flight simulator games!
- Visit the All Available Boats exhibit, commemorating the heroes of 9/11/01!
- Visit our 1940′s exhibit room to see what life looked like 70 years ago!
- Explore the defenders of America’s coasts by visiting the Coast Guard exhibit area!
- View our 26 planes & helicopters up close!
Historic Places at a level of National SignificanceHangar #1, as well as the museum’s centerpiece (a TBM Avenger aircraft), are both listed on the National and State Registers of Historic Places at a level of National Significance. In an effort to enhance the museum experience, NASW is constantly changing, renovating and adding new exhibits—all while continuing the restoration work on the Hangar. The museum’s mission is to memorialize the 42 known airmen who perished here while training during World War II, educate the public, and restore Hangar #1.
NASW News And Events
Recognition And Support
NASW is happy to report that the museum recently received a certificate for an impressive average review of 4 ½ stars (out of 5) on TripAdvisor.com! If you have a TripAdvisor account, please consider logging on and reviewing the Aviation Museum.
The NASW Aviation Museum received an operating support grant from the New Jersey Historical Commission, a division of the Department of State.
Supported in part through a grant from the New Jersey Department of State, Office of Travel & Tourism. visitnj.org